200hp Mercury 86' new 2 me facts wanted

Zirbel

Recruit
I have just purchesed a 200 HP merc. The oil res. was empty, and the hose from the left side of the resivoir just ends. Should it connect to the port on the lower, center/ left side of the engine that expells air pressure when running? I'm not talking about the hose on the right that connects to the oil injector. Would I just be better off pre-mixing the gas? The water pump doesn't work either, just a trickle out of the ejection hose, but all the hoses are clear. I replaced all of them. Does it only work when running in the lake? I used a water hose connection kit to test it. <br /> Anything you know of to watch for with this engine? Everything else seems to work well. It iddles and acellerates very well. 19' tunnel boat goes 70MPH with a five blade ski prop. I was told not to even try the 3 blade speed prop it came with for quite a while. I guess it takes some getting use to. Thanks for any suggestions.

BIGKASH

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 200hp Mercury 86' new 2 me facts wanted

look like it just end, probally so air can enter and not create a vacume when the oil gets pumped out. i'm looking at a diagram on page 65 of my clymer shop manual, get one highly recomended...<br /><br />and you should really take the nessary steps to make that motor "sea ready" like changing the water pump impeller out, you could easily overheat and blow the motor.