Your opinion is needed - survey on usboats

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer
They have a survey about fuel and spillage, especially around the fill stations<br /><br /> http://www.boatus.com/foundation/ <br /><br />Scroll down to the survey<br /><br />There is a small questionaire and then space for a comment.<br /><br /><br />Here was my comment<br /><br />They need to implement the fuel cutoffs and or fuel recovery systems they have in CA, where it is almost impossible to overflow a car tank.<br /><br />IMHO - almost all the gas pumps that I have ever seen at marina's are based on technology from the 60's

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Your opinion is needed - survey on usboats

I like your suggestion tomatolord, how much nicer would that be if you didn't have to worry about that!

QC

Supreme Mariner

I am in CA and I leak fuel when filling even with the CA nozzles, car or boat. Sometimes it is just the drip from the nozzle if I remove it too quickly after stopping, but usually with my boat, it kicks off for a variety of reasons, so I never know when it is truly full and I end up with backsplash. Also, whenever the nozzle kicks off (with the CA thing or not) my fillers (two tanks) backsplash fuel. So, basically I leak a lot of fuel on every fill . . . :mad:

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That isn't very encouraging...Quietcat.<br /><br />It sounds like a better solution is needed. Are the better solutions just too expensive for filling stations to put in? Surely, there is better technology out there.