Merc EFI won't start - no fuel

Gr33nScr3w

Recruit
Getting ready for the opener here in MN and my brother-in-law can't get his motor running. I don't have all the engine information but its a late '90's 150 Merc EFI. Plugs are good (changed them) and the fuel filter is full (drained it last fall for winterization). The plugs are dry, its not getting fuel. Will run on fuel dumped into the cylinder. Put stabil in it last fall but I'm not sure if he ran it (I would make that assumption, but never know). Any thoughts? What would the diagnostic procedure be for troubleshooting this problem?

Reel Appeal

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Merc EFI won't start - no fuel

Gr33,<br /> Is the fuel bulb being primed?If the fuel filter is a drainable Racor(oil filter size) type,the filter MUST be changed seasonally.Draining is not adequate and is only used to drain water and larger debris.It could be plugged enough to stop fuel flow.Make sure there are no other inline filters that need changing.If you can confirm fuel to the motor,then suspect injector gumming/clogging if the motor was not properly winterized.Check fuel line connections and inspect primer bulb(replace?).One more thing to check.Make sure the fuel fitting is connected properly(all the way in and locked)to the motor.

Gr33nScr3w

Recruit
Re: Merc EFI won't start - no fuel

Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. Yeah, I forgot to mention that the ball is rock hard, no problem there. Is it possible that all 6 injectors could be simultaneously gummed up? Because all plugs are dry I figured a more common point must be at fault? Pretty sure all the filters were checked but we'll recheck all obvious fuel line points. The main fuel line connector has been rechecked dozens of times as verbal assaults on the motor were launched....