seafoam decarbing

chipzinger

Cadet
I was thinking of decarbing my outboard, but I wanted to do it the end of the fishing season, is there any advantage of just spraying seafoam in each carb while motor is running or should I wait till I do it correctly later....

Oldsaltydog

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: seafoam decarbing

Doing it would certainly help you some right away.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sea-foam is normally added to fuel to prevent<br />carbon build up. look for deep-creep that is<br />sprayed into carbs. just make sure you have a <br />tarp down to catch all the crud and don't do it<br />right in front of barn door :rolleyes: <br />no reason to wait, spray it in, let it sit and<br />then fire it up... (read directions)

phatmanmike

Captain

only takes about i hour to do it correctly. mellow is right about all the crud....it will get on the driveway or whatever you have...taro, wood, cardboard, SOMETHING under the motor once u turn it on....<br /><br />i just decarbed my wifes 99 suzuki GR vitara V^ 4x4.... big difference. i sprayed a can of deep creep into the gas tank... i know its the wrong vrsion, but it worked<br /><br />m ikey

phatmanmike

Captain

any auto parts store or outboard dealers have their own version

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not to hi-jack your post but I was just wondering when you should do it. Like every 5 years or what. 2002 75HP 2-stroke

bubbakat

Captain

Young boater if you troll with your motor do it twice a year and if you don't troll do it once a year.