Joe Reeves...where are you?

fishndvm

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joe,<br /> Sorry to bother you, but seeing that you were with OMC for so long, I was wondering if you could tell me whether or not the company uses any type of video training for their mechanics. I actually was bidding on some videos on e-bay that apparently were training videos that Mercury supplied to their mechanics.(Didn't pan out) Topics such as basic engine layout, fuel,cooling,electrical,etc. were apparently covered. Is this something that the manufacturers usually supply? I'm looking for videos of this type to start to get me in the ball park as far as being able to do some basic diagnostics and repairs on smaller outboards is concerned. I'm a practicing veterinarian, and am used to diagnostics and repairs, just not on outboards! Any advice or help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Joe Reeves...where are you?

Fishndvm.... I have never seen a video of any kind that was disributed to anyone while being with OMC. The schools were usually taught by a knowledgable person who may have used slides from time to time but I do not recall ever seeing a video. They may exist, I'm just saying that I'm not aware of them.<br /><br />Yearly seminars also consisted of slides, not videos. Sorry not to be of more help.