Advice on selling 1985 4Winns or motor only

Kbass

Recruit
I need a little advice and hopefully someone here can help me out. I purchased a used 4Winns 190 Horizon w/Mercruiser 200 HP V8 about 1-1/2 years ago and soon found out the floor was rotted in it. I sued the dealer to get my money back and recently won the suit, however I have been told that it may be another 6 to 8 months to get my money so I am thinking of selling the boat and/or motor. The boat naturally needs some work, but the motor is in good shape and runs very well. I would like to know what the best approach would be to selling it (motor only or everything) and what a fair price is. I am not that familiar with boats so I have no idea. Thanks for any suggestions.

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Advice on selling 1985 4Winns or motor only

I would first check with your lawyer to make sure what you might do will not void the results of your lawsuit.<br />The first rule of sales is to attempt to limit the risk to a potential purchaser. If you have known problems with the boat and or motor, you will need to have concrete solutions to these problems ahead of time, and what those solutions might cost.<br /><br />We learn by making mistakes, of course, and it sounds like a qualified survey will happen on your next boat purchase! <br /><br />John

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Advice on selling 1985 4Winns or motor only

I think KBass will get better results with this thread on Boat Questions, so I am moving it there.<br /><br />Good luck. :)