New Guy Reporting Aboard!

Seagull6

Seaman Apprentice
I've been hanging out here for a couple of weeks just reading and searching and decided to register tonight.<br /><br />I bought a 2002 Starcraft 170LE with a 75 HP Mercury 4-stroke during the summer and have been using it extensively to fish Greenwood Lake NJ/NY. I kept it at a marina this year, but plan on trailering it around NJ, NY, and PA (Lake Wallenpaupack) next year.<br /><br />To use it in the NJ resevoirs (Spruce Run and Round Valley) I just ordered a Tohatsu 6HP 4-stroke kicker motor from Onlineoutboards.com which should arrive early next week. If the weather holds I hope to try it out at Round Valley the weekend after next.<br /><br />My plans for next year include a trip up to Schnecetady and a tour of the Erie Canal; not the whole thing, just a couple of days worth. Has anyone tried that adventure?<br /><br />I'm not exactly new to boating, I spent 23 years in the Coast Guard active duty and reserve, but other than my canoes over the years, this is my first boat since I was a kid.<br /><br />Anyhow, I'm not having any problems yet, just checking in to say hello. :)

D

DJ

Re: New Guy Reporting Aboard!

Chuck,<br /><br />WELCOME! Glad to have you aboard. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahoy, Coastie Chuck.<br /><br />Glad to have you around.<br /> :)

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Chuck: Wecome to the forum. I think you will enjoy it as I have. Try to get your boat up to the 1000 Island area if you can. That's some of the prettiest boating water I've ever seen.

ob

Admiral

Chuck,Welcome to iboats.I don't know jack about 4 stroke mercury outboards but many others do.You'll be in good hands with any questions that may arise.

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome Chuck. Sounds like you put a lot of thought into your decision. We all enjoy being here, helping, getting help and making friends.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Let me be the seventh to say "howdy" and welcome to the board. You'll find a vast amount of knowledge here and two or three opinions.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

scotiany

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Another good trip here in upstate is Baldwinsville to Cayuga Lake. It's about 35-40 miles between locks and Cross Lake is in the middle. You can see remnants of the Erie Canal along the route and it also goes through the Montezuma Wildlife Refuge. There are a few marinas but, in many places, you're on your own.

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

Another 4-stroke guy... We like the 2-stroke guys better. More problems, more fault diagnosis, more questions to answer. :D <br />Just kiddin'<br /><br />Welcome aboard Chuck!<br />Nice engines too!

kart33

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Chuck,<br /> Another adventure is alot closer at hand. I spent my younger years in Stanhope NJ and spent many hour on the waters of Lake Hopatcong. Nice place to visit lots of history around the lake.<br /><br />22 Years in the Navy, retired and fishing the Chesapeake Bay. Welcome to the best sight on the WEB for honest not for profit help.<br /><br />Butch from JOISEY