What year is a motor?

TippyCanoe

Cadet
I have a Mercury Marine 25hp outboard, and<br />would like to find the year it was made.<br />The serial number is: OB246468<br />From the Mercury Marine web site I found the<br />model number to be: 1025201BD<br /><br />I also have a Minn Kota Riptide Saltwater <br />Trolling motor.<br />The serial number is: MKJF0307195<br />The model number is: RT 3.1/B (46lbs thrust)<br /><br />I just bought the boat (a novice owner) and<br />would like to know what year are these motors????<br /><br />Finally, I noticed that one often sees posts<br />asking about the year of a motor. Is there no<br />convenient web-site where one can find the<br />year of a motor given the serial number?<br /><br />Thanks for any help.

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: What year is a motor?

Yes there is a site that you can use to id most motors. It is not in English but not to hard to follow. <br />Using the search function at the top of the page should have pointed you in this direction.Motor Model Year<br />If you had included what you do know such as Mercury 25 hp in your topic heading you would also have gotten more responses.