List the classic "OOPS" while boating

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer
#1- Forget the plug<br />#2- Forget the kill switch<br />#3- Forget the ignition key at home/in truck/wrong pants<br />#4- Leave transom straps on<br />#5- Leave bow strap on<br />#6- Forget to hook up fuel line<br />#7- Forget to tie off anchor rope<br />#8- Try to start boat in gear<br />#9- Forget to put the truck in gear <br />#10- Leave trailer lights unplugged for the trip home<br /><br /> I've never done # 9, but I will confess to all the others. LOL Put up your "oops" list

ramster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: List the classic "OOPS" while boating

#11 forgot the kids life jackets

ZmOz

Captain

Forget the oil.<br /><br />"oops"<br /><br /> :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

#13. Forget to raise outdrive after loading on the trailer. eek, had .003 clearence, honestly I admired and gaged it with a sheet of newspaper for a feeler. Got very very lucky.

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Forgot to open the airvent on the gas tank

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Guilty of #'s 1, 3, and 8...<br /><br />#15. The graceful swan dive (some, not so graceful)... Everyone's fell in the drink at least once..<br /><br /> :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Continuing to run an outboard that is running poorly. . . .until it breaks 5 miles from the ramp.

tommays

Admiral

look at chart to long while drifting and drift into marker<br /><br /><br />tommays

migue

Seaman Apprentice

#18 Forgot to retrieve anchor<br />#19 Forgot to open the tap when flushing engine, <br />#20 forgot to install cotter pin on a prop, needless to say lost it.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Forgot to pull the anchor once.Thought the boat felt kind of sluggish,didn't realize till it came flying into the boat.Got reel lucky that day that no one got hurt

lowellpaul

Cadet

forgot to tie anchor to the boat before i threw the anchor overboard. kiss one anchor goodbye :rolleyes:

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

When wading in to recover a reluctant boat after messing up on an extra steep ramp, forgot to take my cellphone out of my shorts pocket.<br /><br />Did that three times in one year. Cost me a new phone! Expensive two hour picnic trip.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Stillfishing:<br /> When wading in to recover a reluctant boat after messing up on an extra steep ramp, forgot to take my cellphone out of my shorts pocket.<br />
I've done that a few times too. Now I always put my phone in a plastic bag before I leave. :D

magster65

Commander

#21 - Anchoring on a 'short' line at low tide. Oops. That's just dumb!

rogerwa

Commander

Forget to lower drive before starting motor - love to hear u-joints chatter<br /><br />Leave key in the on position overnight to drain the battery

fishingdan

Lieutenant Junior Grade

While messing around with the gps entering a cove, side-swipe a green channel marker. Yeah, that is right. A big green ocean can! How do you miss that....

ewenm

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Steading a mates boat holding a rope to the stern i kept walking backward and steped clean off the jetty --in business clothes (collar and tie)muddy bottom get the picture<br /><br />Ewen

rascal38

Seaman Apprentice

Spending 10 minutes trying to start the boat before noticing the deadman switch clip is not in place!

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

#22 unhooking the winch & safety chain before backing down the ramp. (Roller trailer)

Triton II

Commander

#23 Leaving the transom ladder down - screeeeCHHH! :eek: <br />#24 Leaving 27MHz radio on for a week and having to rope start the motor at the ramp! :rolleyes: