NEED HELP with a part - Merc 135hp

I lost my seal on the oil tank cap (inside the engine)and after overtwisting it to tighten, I cracked the top off of the cap. This is the cap with the float inside that tells the reserve tank when to fill-er-up. This just happened yesterday (oil everywhere) and I ended up using two layers of ziplock plastic bags screwed under the broken cap rim to temporarily seal this pressurized opening. <br />I need to find a new seal/cap/float assembly QUICK! Anybody out there with information on where I can order this part online? Thanks.

maked

Cadet
Re: NEED HELP with a part - Merc 135hp

Hey doug they say the internet is open 24hours a day, so thats good. But a little more info from you would help, what year is your ob, what country do you live in etc. Anyway given that almost everyone on this forum live in the states and assuming your motor is relatively recent given that it injects or premixes it own oil, you will probably get some joy at www.mercurymarine.com they only seem to deal with post 1980 outboards and you will need your serial no, to identify parts good luck

I've alreadt tried there but my serial number 0B314804 is not coming up in there online parts list.<br />1985 135hp V6

AndyL

Petty Officer 1st Class

G'day, Same thing happened to mine a couple of weeks back on a slightly newer motor but probably same cap. If you need one desperately I repaired the old one with Super glue and that stood up yo the job until the new one arrived. If you are in the UK I can post it to you until you can get an original replacement. Any use??