Merc stalls at 1500rpm"mabey bad fuel"

Bill47255

Recruit
I have a 1999 135hp merc on a 21' zodiak that stalls when i bring it up. It stalls at arround<br /> 1500-<br /> 1800 rpm this is the second engine that has same problems. if you squeez the priming bulb<br /> when it starts to stall it climbes through the bad spot and achives full power. since its the<br /> second <br /> engine and the same boat I assumed that it had to be something in common i.e. the fuel sys. I<br /> belive<br /> that I have checked everything, pick up tube, anti siphon valve, new fuel lines,fuel filters,priming<br /> bulb,<br /> and I ran it strait from a 5 gal can to no avail.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Re: Merc stalls at 1500rpm"mabey bad fuel"

could be right -- common factors seems to be the fuel and the tank. By the way, is the vent open? (I guess it would have been if you are able to pump more gas to the motor with the bulb -- collapsed bulb would indicate vent was closed.)

Bill47255

Recruit
Re: Merc stalls at 1500rpm"mabey bad fuel"

the bulb is somewhat collapsed. the first engine ran fine for about 40hrs then it started doing this and ate the #6 cyl. since I posted this I noticed that the Fuel filter that is installed now is different that the original Im not sure if its micron rating is less than the orig,(I dont have the part #'s handy) could this cause a lean condition? if so is it to late to correct the problem? what is the max vacume on the fuel sys?