Cost to replace Mercruiser 3.0 manifold and riser ...

beachcraft

Cadet
Hi,<br /><br />I have just bought a boat 1992 w/ 3.0 mercruiser engine. <br />I saw ther e were rusted areas around the spark plug, but the<br />plug looked normal. I read may topic about the water infestation<br />that can cause a suden death to the engine. <br />What is the normal cost the replace the manifold and riser?<br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br />BC

Valv

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Cost to replace Mercruiser 3.0 manifold and riser ...

You don't want to know......<br /><br />Check Mercury Parts Express, just enter your serial # and if will give you breakdown of parts.<br /><br />Sit down, take 2 aspirins (helps during heart attack) and scream...

Trent

Captain

Look here......Aftermarket but the prices are better. Iv had no problems with them. Manafolds

Boatist

Rear Admiral

From West Marine exhaust average $300, Riser average $125. Check here or on the net and may find a better price. If you run in salt water average life is 4 to 6 years if you flush engine real good. If you get water to the exhaust valves or in the cylinder it is ugly.

beachcraft

Cadet

HI,<br /><br />Thanks all.<br /><br />BC

desi

Cadet

I just recently priced these items. you will be able to replace them for under $500 with after market parts. I beleive the best price I had yet was with partsexpress.com

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It's a 2002 post!!!!