Mercury Question

Mudhen-PA

Recruit
I have a 2000 5050EPTO short shaft/prop Merc mounted on an 18'center console tunnel hull Mod V Jon Boat. It has Merc Commander 2000 remote control.<br /><br />The remote control has a cable connector on the end of a short cable called the Tachometer/Accessories Harness Connector.<br /><br />I have the Mercury/Mariner Factory Service Manual for the boat, and while they show this Harness in a diagram, there is no schematic or pin out information which describes which wire is what.<br /><br />I want to add a tach and if I knew what other signals this harness carries, I might want to add other things, too.<br /><br />Can anyone suggest where I might be able to find the pinout information for this connector ?

Mudhen-PA

Recruit
Re: Mercury Question

Spike,<br /><br />Thanks for the tip ! That gives me the most important parts of it, the tach, voltage from the ignition, the OH/OR engine warning signal and the ground. Only thing I'm not completely sure of now are two double colored wires. It appears they have to do with the trim/tilt. Just are different colors from what the chart says. I would guess they are either upper and lower limits, or have something to do with a voltage that is proportional to the postion of the tilt. I can probably test it and figure it out.<br /><br />Thanks for your help. I read where there is a standard extension harness made to connect between this connector and your devices. I have not found one listed yet, but my closest supplier is checking for me.<br /><br />Again, thanks for your help.

trevorcday

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Mercury Question

Do yourself a favour and go to a Merc dealer and buy a tach harness. It will have the correct connector and leads for all of the gauges you might want to hook up. If you don't have a dealer nearby e-mail me direct (trevorcday@hotmail.com)I can mail you one. They are only 20 or 30 dollars I think.