135 Merc Black Max Why are you doing this? :(

picho

Recruit
I have a 135hp black max mercury outboard. I just had the carbs cleaned and it ran better than ever before. Unfortunetly when I idled down I couldn't get it to run anymore. It bogged down like if I were pulling an oceanliner. I have a water/gas separator but really have no idea what I'm look at. Can anyone help? I see that there appears to be particles in the mix and the liquid is definitely split between gas oil and/or water. there are some bubbles usually after I shake it liquid.

wingnit

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 135 Merc Black Max Why are you doing this? :(

On the bottom of the fuel seperator cartridge there is a polycarbonate (clear) bowl. It should have a drain screw in the clear bowl<br /><br />------------------<br />Mark<br /><br />Thought for the day..... If everything seems to be going well, you have<br />obviously overlooked something.

Fouled Plug

Ensign

Sounds like it's time to toss ALL of your old fuel, flush the lines and tank, and get a new seperator cartridge. If you see "particles" and lots of water, it'll never run right!<br /><br />------------------<br />I'm going to invent a TCW3/citronella oil blend and make a fortune!

picho

Recruit

Thanks for the info, I will try to hook up a spare tank and see if that works. Any chance that I may have screwed up something worse?