Help with 35 hp Mercury

Steven

Recruit
Greetings,<br /><br />This is my first posting; I hope someone can help me out here, I just purchased a two-stroke 35 hp Mercury outboard and would like to buy a service manual for it. The serial number is 6446565. Can anyone tell me the age of this engine and where I might purchase a good manual for it? Also, when I shift into reverse, the engine will tilt up and lock in that position, is there a mechanism to hold down the engine; nothing appears to be damaged. Thanks<br /><br />Steve

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help with 35 hp Mercury

Steve,Manuals are available at the tab at the top of the page or,Amazon.com, EBAY,Barnes and Noble<br /> Grubbs Marine at: wwwoldmercs.com.If some one cant help with year Try Johns Old Mercury Web<br />Site at:www.pfs-ware.com<br /> I believe there is a reverse lock that activates as you shift to reverse Move the shift and look down near the clamp bracket Probably a couple of hooks that engage a ring or perhaps a ring that ingages the hooks.Youll see it just watch.Maybe you can figure whats not right.Good luck.