Serial number ?????

stemar

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 3 cyl, 3 carb Mariner 75 or 90 (I'm not sure!!). <br />Inside the engine on the right hand side there is a round silver tag with tne number 9676485. I think this is the serial number.<br />There is no tag on the leg of the engine that says the year and the HP.<br />Can someone tell me with the above serial number the year and the HP of my engine.<br />Thanks :confused:

Trent

Captain
Re: Serial number ?????

You have a 1991 model engine.<br /><br />Look on the powerhead for these numbers<br /><br />13600T93 if you have these numbers you have a 75HP.<br /><br />15081T96 if you have these numbers you have a 90HP

stemar

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank you much Trent for yoy reply,<br />I'm so embarrassed to ask you the next question ............... where and what is the powerhead!!??? sorry I'M A NEWBBIE.

Trent

Captain

The powerhead is the engine..Where the flywheel, pistons and all that junk is located;(On top under the engine cover). :)

stemar

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Oooooopppppppppppppps, sorry<br />Thanks again Trent

SeaDawg

Chief Petty Officer

Trent, I posted to stemar's earlier post, do you know why his serial number came up as invalid on the mercurypartsexpress web site?<br /><br />Just curious.

Trent

Captain

SeaDawg..<br /><br />Most likely because Mariner did somthing stupid in my book..<br /><br />They used the same serial number ranges for both the 75 and the 90. So the search you did confused the computer I guess?? <br /><br />Both these engines are ALMOST TOTALLY THE SAME!! There were color differences between the commercial model and the standard model. They even had decals (on some) for the cowling saying 75/90... <br /><br />Hope this helps..

Rex

Chief Petty Officer

I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING IF TRENT CAN'T <br />GET THE S.N. I WOULD SAY NOBODY CAN.<br />GOOD LUCK<br />REX A. HUBBLE