I'M BACK FROM MY TEXAS BOAT TRIP

MURX

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well I decided to go ahead and purchase the Searay Laguna with the 175 mercury, this is boat number 11 and my third Mercury outboard, upon arrival I tried to run the engine it would rev up fine but no idle, the boat supposedly had been serviced, and was ready to go other than having one year old fuel in the tanks, I went to K-mart and bought a six gallon tank, had to go wally world (WALMART) for connectors, so I know I'm using good fuel, same results, no idle, hmmmm temp guage pegged and the tell tale seems weak, I had only run it for two minutes BTW, well since the X took all my tools and sold em' all at her garage sale along with everything else, a week after seperation, I decided to take it up the Mercury dealer here local, heres what they did, check compression 1- 125 2- 120 3- 123 4- 121 5- 122 6- 120 R&R impeller, pressure test lower unit, R&R fuel pump diaphrams, and check valves, R&R oil injection hoses, R&R thermostats, relapce alarm horn, R&R Carbs and clean, run on hydraulic dyno 3750psi @ 5200 rpm, total $569.00 I picked up the boat and launched it. alarm intermitanly sounded. and the temp guage holds at 150. but on occasion it momentarily pegs. when it does the alarm sounds intermitanly, oil resivoir is full, and the water comming out of the tell tale is cold, also the charging system may need work, guage never went above 12, and at one point it was actually showing 11 volts. the boat ran 43.5 mph @ 5200 rpm and didn't miss a beat, sounds real strong. hour meter shows 49.1 hours, and appears to be original equiptment, the fuel tanks seem ok the front aux was empty, and took 28 gallons the main 70 gallon tank took on 30 gallons heres a pic <br /><br />web page

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: I'M BACK FROM MY TEXAS BOAT TRIP

Yo, Murx,<br />Congrtz! Spiffy lookin' rig! Sounds like the rest of the problums are minor. You'll be out makin' waves while the rest of us back here in Texas are hunkered down. 25 deg. tonight.<br />Glad ya made it back o-k.<br /><br />c/6 hooty

MURX

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: I'M BACK FROM MY TEXAS BOAT TRIP

Hooty, it's about 45 degrees here in not so sunny so cal right now, the boat has 52.0 hours on it, so my main concern was fuel tank integrity, this boat is a '91 and it's been sitting a lot since new, I'll put a new filter on it (spin on remote)since the one on there looks original, I would have already done so had I noticed the thing prior to my trial run! kinda bothers me that the dealer didn't notice it either, other than that I'll need to check charging system output and pray that the fuel tanks are alright, strange how a guy can go out and spend a fortune on a boat and just let it sit like that, it came from San Antonio and was used on a freshwater resivoir, the dealer said the motor was tight and in great shape, it idles smooth and runs strong So I thinkl I did alright, hell of a drive though! Boy the housing prices sure are appealing in Houston! C-ya Don