Mariner question from Sweden

leif

Recruit
Hi<br />I have just bought a used Mariner Magnum 10hp -93. I have some questions:<br />- What is the origin brand(Yamaha? Mercury?)<br />- When I put in the forward gear, I can turn the propeller by hand in one direction without the engine turning (like a free gear), is this normal?<br />- When the gear is in neutral, turning the prop I can hear a "ticking" sound, pulling the gear stick a bit towards forward the ticking stops. Is it possible to adjust the gears?<br />- Is it anything special with the "Magnum" model (e.g. gear ratio, prop angle)?<br />Kindly waiting for answers.<br />Leif Gustavsson<br /> :confused:

Bear

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Mariner question from Sweden

Hello Leif!<br /><br />#1 Mercury and Mariner = same engines under different names. Some larger models were Yamahas. <br />#2 Yes this is normal.<br />#3 Yes you can adjust the gear cable. You have to. Loose the lock nut on the cable at the enginge. Try one way then the other if it didn't work out. In neutral the propeller must move freely both ways without any noise.<br />#4 Yes there is something special about the Magnum (vs 9,9 hp).<br />7,4 kW<br />Rev range 5-6000 rpm<br />Two cylinders<br />262 cc (9,9 hp is 210 cc) <br />Bore/stroke 60x46 mm (54x45 mm)<br />Gear ratio 2,08:1<br />Weight 32 kg (31 kg)<br />Propeller pitch 6 1/2" - 10 1/2" (5 1/2" - 9")<br /><br />If you need more help and feel more comfortable in swedish (I do) try this one. http://193.41.118.2/customer/marindisc.nsf/Disc02W?OpenForm <br /><br />But do come back here too, these guys are the best.<br /><br />/Bjorn