need help

bayoubootcamp

Recruit
i just but new pistons in my115 inline 6 1987 mercury new powerhead gaskets new waterhead gaskets new sparkplugs new sparkplug wires new trigger new powerpacks <br />new cylinders new stator and i rebulta starter and shes doing good but whent out on the water today she did good for about three hours and then i got a nock and the gas is coming from the number one carb please help <br />AT WITS END NEED TO GO GET SHIMP HA-HA LOL<br />THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY :confused: [*]HELP
  • null

petryshyn

Commander
Re: need help

sorry, x-nay the LoL, its not funny, but thats what it sounds like :(

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Now would be a good time to look in to the possability of installing a set of Boyessen Reeds. The 115 i6 Mercs are screamers,but compossite reeds will make it scream even more.<br />I agree with schematic. That would explain both the knock and the spitting carb.<br />The reed box may have backed-off due to vibration. Like motorcycles, threadlocker is a lifesaver sometimes on outboards.

dick

Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like it ate a reed, pull the carb off and look into the crankcase , and if it did at least the p/h should come off easy.If you didn't do any cylinder damage replace all the reeds and use new ny-lock nuts when you reasemble the reed block.By the way what came first the knock or the gas spitting out? because the knocking may be the cause of all this.

bayoubootcamp

Recruit

thanks to all of you schematic-12footer and **** and by the way yes your right about the red and green lights lol takeing her apart right now let you know when done thanks again to all have a nice day. :eek:

bayoubootcamp

Recruit

took it down and it was the number one reed thanks all going back out to motor bye<br />good going 12footer schematic ****