1969 55 hp rude where to get points

REELSPORT

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 69 55hp evenrude that is in great shape<br />it just needs points and they have been discontinued can anyone help me by telling me if<br />any other model points will work or is there any<br />thing else I can do. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Re: 1969 55 hp rude where to get points

Call Iboats 800# for a service Rep...they don't show here.. <br /> web page <br /><br /><br />but they have to have a set that will fit from other year/models..

REELSPORT

Petty Officer 1st Class

I called iboats and they could not help me so they gave the 800 number for seira who makes the parts. I called them and was told that the breaker points were no longer available for this model motor. So now I have a motor that is almost perfect except for the breaker points. I plan to go to my local napa store tomorrow and try to match some up but I am not very hopeful<br />Any other suggestions anyone has I would be interested in hearing

Paul Moir

Admiral

I see laingsoutboards.com still has them listed. Perhaps they've got some in stock. I noticed they often grab a hold of stuff that's NLA.<br /><br />I take it there's no hope of cleaning up your old ones?

REELSPORT

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can not find any listing in laingsoutboards.com<br />but I may be looking in the wrong place I will call them in the morning. thanks for the tip<br />I have tried to clean the old ones and it does run better but not like it should

Paul Moir

Admiral

Oh damn, sorry. I see they've got them as N/A now.<br /><br />Marinerecycling.com is showing them. I don't know if they're new or used. Might be worth an email.

REELSPORT

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Paul I will call them in the morning to see what they got and will let you know

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

just a though but could you possibly get or use a points eliminater kit for it. ive used them on small motors but for this one ???