Need help evinrude 30 hp 1991

LUISJGC

Cadet
guys , i have a 1991 evinrude 30 hp outboard ,2 stroke.<br /><br />i was on the lake and i started to cruise and the outboard suddenly looses power and regains it again on and of.<br />i will keep at full power for awhile then like throttles back on its own wierd, and goes back to full throttle by itself.<br /><br /> never had this problem whith an outboard before so can anyone advice were to start looking for possible repair.<br /><br />thanks !!!!!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need help evinrude 30 hp 1991

Hi Luis....couple things to get you going....check the tank and make sure it's venting. Check the primer bulb and fuel line to the engine for any lose connections. Check the fuel lines on the engine. Make sure there still plyable and are still connected firmly to connection points.<br /><br />Did you try squeezing the primer bulb when it was slowing down? If not, try it and see if the engine picks up. If it picks up, probably a fuel delivery problem.<br /><br />Just a couple things....engine isn't overheating? Compression good? When was the last carb overhaul and tune up?

LUISJGC

Cadet
Re: Need help evinrude 30 hp 1991

well i checked the primer bulb and seem solid so i will clean the carb, and replace impeler , replace fuel hose ,its about time anyway, compresion solid 120 on both cilinders.<br />start with a touch of the key.<br />one thing i notice also at high speed i hear a clinking noise sourd of like when the started pinion hits the fly wheel cant find explanation for it,, like clink,clink,,,<br /><br />i will try all this hopefully tomorrow if not i will check on he coils