where is the water ports

tadpale

Recruit
I have a 1949 12hp Evinrude elto speedster,<br />I know that it is water cooled just by reading this forum. But i cant see where the water inters the motor???. I dont know alot about outboard motors, but by reading these forums im getting there.<br />Thinks

sho-bud

Cadet
Re: where is the water ports

I am also very very new to outboards but I just found out today that the water probably enters several inches up from the bottom of the shaft and towards the front of the shaft. It should exit after making the trip through your motor towards the back of the shaft at a similar height. Hope this helps and again I am new to this but some nice folks that I talked to today and also literature that I picked up today lead me to believe this is fairly standard.<br />David B.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral
Re: where is the water ports

Welcome to iboats.<br /><br />Why don't you try here:<br /> http://www.aomci.org/ <br /><br />This forum is more for newer than your Elto. I have an Elto Pal (v 1935), and this is not the place to find out about it. Look at the "Links" section. You can still find parts lists, etc. for some of these oldtimers.<br /><br />Good luck.