Boat identification difficulty--HELP!!!

ginmariek

Recruit
I bought a fishing or a bass boat. It has a Evinrude 4.0 engine on the stern, and a trolling motor on the bow. It is narrow, fiberglass, and 15' long. The title says it was manufactured in 1972, and the Make says RIVI, and underneath that it says HSE. I can't find anything about this boat. I'm trying to figure out what the maximum weight load is, and now I'm just curious because I can't find anything. Does anyone have an idea?<br />ginmariek

dajohnson53

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Boat identification difficulty--HELP!!!

The coast guard publishes a formula for determining max. HP - if you search on line or in these forums you can find it. It matches perfectly with my own boat's capacity plate, and seems reasonable to me - but others say it's not. <br /><br />You'll need to know the overall length of the hull, the width at the top of the transom, and the transom height.

woosterken

Lieutenant

You could try fiberglassic.com shoot them a picture and they mite beable to help you.<br />ken

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Picture would sure help. Could be a RIVIERA. Hulls are simolar to a WHALER or McKEE CRAFT. Made in a few locations in FL. over the years. Currently made at RIVIERA BEACH FL. by RIVIERA FIBER CORP. 2 man operation, built to order. hope i helped fred