Casper Boat

kmm

Recruit
Has anyone owned or know the history of one of these boats? The boat is like a fiberglass skiff with the motor mounted somewhat in the middle of hull. The transom en-circles the motor. I have heard these reffered to net boats becouse the transome is clean so the nets will not en-tangle in prop/ motor.<br /><br />I know of one for sale with a 40hp Mariner magnum motor, includes new trailer also. I think these boats were made in Swansboro,NC.<br /><br />I would appreciate any ideas of value and how these boats perform.<br /><br />Forgot to add the boat is around 16' and looks like it would have a very shallow draft.<br /><br />Thank you, :cool:

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Casper Boat

Skiffs with outboard wells are pretty common in North Carolina. In fact, they're sort of classic from that area.<br /><br />Never owned one. Never ran one. So I don't know how they handle, or anything like that. I couldn't find much on the Casper brand at all.<br /><br />Do a search on "outboard well skiff" (no quotes) on Google. You'll find a bunch of stuff.