How are you using your boat this 4th of July weekend

Osprey

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We did a family afternoon today. Launched out of Mission Bay. Out the Mission Channel, ran south outside the kelp off Point Loma. Then into San Diego Harbor and under the Coronado Bridge before making the turn for home.<br /><br />Marine layer was just offshore but clear and sunny along the coast, mid seventies very little wind. More bumps in the harbor from all the boat wakes than there was from swell offshore.<br /><br />All in all a very good day on the ocean.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: How are you using your boat this 4th of July weekend

My boat is in the garage this weekend for two reasons. 1) I tend to stay off the lakes on holiday weekends and 2) I had knee surgery on Friday.

1981Baja

Cadet

The boat traffic on holidays makes my small inland lake really rough for a 16' runabout. I still go out since my boat is already on the water. The boat ramp is a nightmare but would be very entertaining to watch this weekend. <br />I watched the fireworks on the lake Sat night.

tommays

Admiral

i am getting ready for a for a week of boat camping on lake george on the 11th looks like a much better chance of sun shine this year <br /><br />its hard to beat a camp site with a boat dock :D <br /><br /><br />
f36b81e5.jpg
<br /><br /><br />tommays :D

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

July 4th is traditionally "morons on the water" day so we avoid being out. <br />NFW I am gonna deal with the ramp retards today, it's bad enough on a regular weekend.

ZmOz

Captain

I will be watching my boat sit in the yard, cussing at it occasionally.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Took the boat across the lake, and sat on the sandbar and partied and watched the boat parade go by......Quiet time started at 6 pm,so finally got some fishing in also.

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here's what it's like over here. This is what we live for all year.<br /><br /> Papperbukta<br /><br /><br />Fredagshølet <br /><br /><br />This is at 59 deg. 7' 33 N, 10 deg. 59' 98 E in the middle of the local archipelago.<br /><br />These photos were taken this last week, and this is as crowded as it gets. My boat is the small blue one in front. The water is now up to 72 deg. F, and the kids love to swim.<br /><br />Just as a curiosity, here's also a picture of the new local ambulance. Capacity of 26 people at up to 50 knots. Nice to have when you need to get to the hospital in a hurry.<br /><br /> Ambulance RIB

DangerDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I took my boy perch fishing (Lake Mi.)for a while on Saturday then put the boat away doing a lot of cleanup and some maint. for after the holidays. I tend not to go out on the 4th as there are just too many boats in & out of the channel and in and around the area I like to fish on 4th of July weekend. Come next weekend however I'll be out trolling for Steelhead and Kings Salmon again.

Realgun

Commander

Lets see I did the annual maint on it today. I put new plugs in and changed the lower unit lube. :) <br /><br />I would never go to the lake on the 4th Its Idiot city! 3rd largest in the State. :)There are over 100,000 people there drinking and be general idiots!<br /><br />So Tomorrow I will drag the boat down there AFTER they have left. <br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />-<br />Mostly so they will not rag me for being a newbie boater. And tease me about my Bayliner. :D

mattttt25

Commander

fished saturday morning in the bay, brought home one 23" striper. 2-3's made it a rough couple of hours.<br /><br />got underway sunday morning and headed 50 miles north to the NE river, top of the bay. met up with others to anchor and watch fireworks. spent the night on the hook, and came home on monday.<br /><br />not a bad weekend.

peterc38

Seaman

I spent the weekend with the Admiral camping on Richardson lakes in Maine. The weather was fantastic and we had a great time. Because this place is somewhat remote, there is not a lot of idiots and/or boat traffic. They have campsites that can only be accessed by boat.

Dyna

Seaman Apprentice

Wanted to take mine out today but the weather didnt co-operate. Pretty much rained on & off all day long until 7:00pm & I am still way too much of a boating newbie to be attempting the night time boating gig.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Mine stays on the trailer on this and other major holidays.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Mine stays on the trailer during holidays as well... I'll pick a nice weekday/workday to play hookey and venture out... :)

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Mine was on the trailer in the driveway today. Holidays are usually filled with drunken amateurs on the water around here.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Too the kids out tubing on Sunday and it was fun as we beat the crowd earlier in the day at the ramp and got in early too to beat the crowd retrieving the boat. While on the river there were a bunch of people in jetski and a number of boats. On 4th, boat stay on trailer in the driveway. Enjoy the 3rd, weather was beautiful and have plenty of sun.

sergioy

Petty Officer 1st Class

We went out on Sunday and Monday to lake Palestine near Tyler TX. It was great!!! I had planned on going to a smaller lake but my cousin advised me that that lake would be really crowded and full of BIG DUMMIES. So I took his advise and we really and a great weekend, tubing, wakeboarding and using his jet ski. Wish I would have go to do some fishing, but I didn't. I'll have to make it up during this week :D

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No way it gets way to crazy here. Ate well and rested up for next weekend.

79Starcraft

Cadet

I had a relaxing day sitting in the boat and getting some sun. Where I went was not crowded, my driveway. Like everyone else I do not go to the lake on Holidays, way too busy and crazy out there. Hopefully I will go during the week or early on a weekend.