Blue Fin w/Force O/B

RRK522

Cadet
I'm looking at used boats & I'm finding a lot of Blue Fin boats for sale, particularly the "Sportsman". They all have the same equipment, which includes a 50 HP Force motor with no tilt or trim. The boat itself is just what I want, but I've heard bad things about the Force O/B. Also I hear that there have been problems with the steering cables cracking. <br />Any comments?

D

DJ

Re: Blue Fin w/Force O/B

RRK,<br /><br />The Blue Fins were a "price leader" boat. The 17's were underpowered with a 50 and the 19's were grossly underpowered with a 50.<br /><br />I have found that the BF hulls were no comparison compared to: Lund, Starcraft, Lowe, Sea Nymph (Lowe) to name many others.<br /><br />Look for something else!

rogerwa

Commander

Also keep in mind that a Force 50 is not the same as other 50Hp motors as the HP was rated at the crank rather than the prop. This puts the Force 50 at a 35 or 40 HP level..

gberry

Recruit

Is there a website where I could learn more about the Blue Fin 19' or at least see a picture.<br />I am in the early stages of researching 18' 19' Aluminum stable good all around family fishing boat.