runnig to rich ??

fab

Cadet
60 hp evinrude stalls at low speeds and then has trouble starting also it stalls alot when I put it into gear from neutral. Runs good when I could get it up to high speed.<br /><br />Could this be because I’m running it to rich?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: runnig to rich ??

Right off hand fab...I'd think it was carb problems. But....can you give us a little history on the engine like is it new to you and maybe a year?<br /><br />Thanks!

fab

Cadet

It’s an 87 and I bought it from a guy who had it sitting in a field for at least a year most likely more. I brought it to a mechanic to tune up and he said it ran good. Last week end was the first time I got it out on the water. As far as Idle speed not sure on How to check that. Oh one more thing it a VRO but the mechanic said that the VRO is nothing but problems and he told me to mix my own fuel.

fab

Cadet

Also when I had brought it to the mechanic he installed a new water pump kit, prop seals, and rectifier and cleaned out a hornets nest in the exhaust (that’s why I am saying its been sitting for at least 1 year). It has 125 compression in all three cylinders. <br /><br />Thanks for the help.