where do i find the part number?

Edson15

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Where do i locate a part number for a power trim and tilt. The unit looks like pictures for the 85 year up evinrude johnson. I was checking the 70 horse motors as this is what I was going to use it on. Only number I can find on it is 355010 and a large letter B. I am stumped. Thanks :confused:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: where do i find the part number?

Use the link below Edson. It'll take you to the BRP site. Click on engine diagrams and follow the prompts. Should help you with part numbers which are not always on the part.<br /><br />EDIT: OOPS! Ought to post the link..<br /><br /><br /> http://www.evinrude.com/en-US/

Edson15

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks. :confused: Everytime I look at the number I see it differntly. 335010 is the number. Just took a roto tool with a little brush to it and looked at the number without paint. I have looked at many engine years in the link that you sent but I have been unable to find that number. That is the only number that I can find on the casing. It has two rams, centre piston and two wires. looks like the one inthe oic for the 80's 70 horse motors. I type in the part number and it comes up invalid. Very confusing. Thanks.

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Casting numbers don't always count. Give the model number for the specific motor and someone can look it up and tell you how they found it.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

What you may be seeing is the casting number of the part. I run it through my part look up program and it's not listed. Even if a part is no longer available, the program will pop up N/A. The unit you have is a common unit with out many changes to note. The parts are the same for many years back and the unit will fit nearly any model engine that you see with that TNT unit. What year is the 70 horse you have?

Edson15

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Unable to locate any other numbers. No tag or anuthing on it. :confused:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Edson, go to the BRP web site and get into the engine diagrams. Look up E70TLCUR. That's a 87' 70 horse with TNT. Click on the TNT hydraulic parts page and see if that's the one you have.

Edson15

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That sure looks like it. Thanks for the help.