Adding transom bracket to 24' pontoon boat

dhazlett

Cadet
Need to add 2nd transom to 24' Smokercraft pontoon. Was fortunate to purchase with two motors; 9.9 hp Merc for state lakes and 70 hp Merc for everywhere else. Swapping is too much work. Have checked with companies like Garelick, etc. Everything I see requires 'something' to bolt the transom bracket to....? Have discussed a custom solution with local fab shop and we're already over $300 just for aluminum components. Perhaps someone has a different idea?

Tracy Coleman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Adding transom bracket to 24' pontoon boat

When you want something that isn't for sale , you build it like you want it. I would make sure it didn't get in the way of trailering, and a separate-say rotary cable steering system, and remote controls may be best for that "special project". Can you say $600 to $800?<br />Backfire

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Can you post a pic of the back end of the pontoon? That might give us more ideas on how you could mount it.

dhazlett

Cadet

Thanks, Backfire & rickdb1boat. I'll ty to get a pic of stern. I already have necessary controls for both motors, so that shouldn't be a major problem. I know there are steering linkages available that couple both motors for that.