1989 V-4 Evinrude 88 horsepower SPL E88MSLCER

B.autry4711A

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,<br /><br />I am finally going to take my boat out tommorrow for the first time this year with me and my family. My question is I put fuel stabilizer in my gas tank and I hope the gas is still good. The last time I filled it up was in October 2005 and it is a full tank of gas with stabilizer added to it. I am just worried that the fuel has soured or do you think I will be o.k.? I guess I am worried and the boat will not run good hopefully it will though?

ob

Admiral
Re: 1989 V-4 Evinrude 88 horsepower SPL E88MSLCER

Chances are that the fuel is still good.However ,if I was in question as to the condition of the fuel ,I would discard it and replace with fresh.My main concern would be moisture in the fuel.How much fuel are we talking about?Portable or built in tank?<br /><br />Hopefully the carbs haven't fouled over the out of use time.I always like to run engine on the hose before launching after storing rig.Also good to run them on hose ocassionally during off season if it's convenient.

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: 1989 V-4 Evinrude 88 horsepower SPL E88MSLCER

If the tank was topped off, moister won't be an issue....Exactly the reason we top our aircraft off when done flying for the day.