opinion needed

tradin

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i have a chance to buy an 1986 suzuki 140 hp rebuilt but not running for 2 yrs are these motors any good and is there something i should look out for i currently have a merc 850 on my boat. plate on boat says max 120 hp its a 17ft runabout do u think it would matters putting this on. oh 1 more thing do you think they weigh about the same?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: opinion needed

Moving to General Outboard

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Tradin...<br />Where you been dude ??? Long time no see :D :D <br />I have a 1986 Suzi (But only a 6hp).Suzuki make good motors and I have seen no bad feedback about them on any boat sites. What happened to the 850?<br />Your boat looks very solid, and I reckon a 140 would cause no probs except maybe insurance cover with the 120 rating.<br />Keep posting...

madmark

Cadet

I have a 1985 Suzuki DT-115 and I have rebuilt it myself. It still runs good but loves the gas, but it is a good mtor. Parts are sometimes pricey and hard to find. These motors seem to last a long time. Just my opinion.

tradin

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hi uni-corn good to be back i,ll tell you i missed this place problems at home at kept me away for awhile now but things are all good now the 850 has a bad lower unit on it and for what it would cost to replace i am looking at the suzuki for alot less money and it is rebuilt right now i,m just looking at all my options before i decide what to do :D thx for replys

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Tradin<br /><br />I have some Suzuki info that I can send if you if decide to buy it. ;) <br />Drop me an e-mail if you buy it.. or post it up here.