Evinrude 15hp short shaft 1986 2 cylinder

justathought

Recruit
Great site, been looking around here alot getting valuable information to help maintain my equiptment.<br /><br />One question I did have and I have looked for this, but seem to either have the wrong years, or hp, or make.<br /><br />simple to the point<br /><br />this listed motor in the subject box.<br /><br />never owned one before so I know little to nothing about this motor.<br /><br />from what I have been gathering? 50:1 is the correct ratio to run on this engine?<br /><br />my confusion comes from seeing alot of 50:1 posts and equal amounts of 32:1,<br /><br />I was thinking of just going 40:1 in the middle to be safe.<br /><br />Just thought I would take the time to ask, <br /><br />thanks in advance

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Evinrude 15hp short shaft 1986 2 cylinder

Welcome to iboats!<br />Your fuel mixture is 50:1 for sure. Older motors that don't have roller bearings would use the higher concentrations of oil in the fuel mix.

justathought

Recruit
Re: Evinrude 15hp short shaft 1986 2 cylinder

Xcusme <br /><br /><br />Thank you,<br /><br />You made a statment that shows your background! The motor was rebuild by a marine mechanic and I did notice ( upon the pile of parts ) roller bearings seated in the piston connecting arm.<br /><br />Thank you for the fast responce as well,<br /><br />I would recommend this site to any boater.