torque problems

eric1

Cadet
I Have a 63' 16ft glassmaster with a 76' 105 chrysler o/b( i didn't put this motor on i bought it this way). I'm having problems with engine torque while driving the boat. Some where around 25mph or so the torque of the engine will first cause the boat to list to the right and then the stern will start to slide to the right. It's not a pleasant experiance. In my quest to correct this problem i have steped the pitch and diameter of the prop down as small as i can and i have added a stingray hydrofoil with torque equilizers and these things have helped slightly but they are not enough so i beleave my last option is to move the engine but after asking around and getting a few different answers i am very unsure on witch way to move the engine and how far!!!!<br /><br /> Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!!

eric1

Cadet
Re: torque problems

DJ thank you for your reply, i should have put it in my first post but who ever put this engine on this boat they put it 3/8" off to the right side, and i was told i could help cure this problem by moving the engine but no one seems to know what side to move it to.<br /><br />Please help :confused:

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Eric1,<br /><br />Call me at 800-233-0194, I need to know more about the handling of the boat before you mae the changes to the prop and added the hydrofoil.<br /><br />Neither should do much to correct the off set engine mounting. I think there may be something else!<br /><br />John

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Eric...what ya' need to do is find the center line of the transom and mount the engine to this. 3/8" don't sound like much but can be a big problem in some applications. Not knowing the type or style of the boat, it would be hard for me to tell ya' where to measure from to get center. But the center is what you need to find.<br /><br />Keep us posted....thanks.

eric1

Cadet

Thank you guys very much for your replies.<br />I will contact you(Nautijohn)as soon as i can.<br /><br />The best example i can give you guys(OBJ)as to the boat type is on fiberglassics. The pics are of a 66 i/o but as far as i can tell the hull designs are almost identical. <br /><br /> http://www.fiberglassics.com/glassmaster/index.html