VRO test if working

fish6996

Recruit
Hey all just picked up a nice Glastron 19 footer with a 91 FAST STRIKE 150. Was wondering if there is any way to ensure or check to see if the system is working properely. Also any tips on how to use the system? Is there a primer on it, do I have to do anything special after adding oil? Please help, I don't want to make the first ride in this new boat the last because I screwed something up. Thanks, DAN IN NH

ob

Admiral
Re: VRO test if working

One way to test VRO is to mark a line on the oil reservoir and test run until the engine has consumed enough fuel to drop the level mark on reservoir.Then calculate the oil consumption against spent fuel.<br /><br />The only time you should have to reprime the oil reservoir bulb is when the system is first put into operation after servicing the oil lines or reservoir.This is done by disconnecting the oil inlet to vro and pumping the oil bulb gently until a steady air free stream of oil exits.Then reconnect.It is then advisable to run premix at 50:1 in addition to the vro until oil usage can be established from the reservoir as oulined above.Otherwise the oil should remain primed.Unless the oil reservoir gets so low that the oil line accumulates air,there is no need to reprime after just adding oil.Good idea to keep the reservoir at least half full.<br /><br />There is also a failsafe method to test the vro no oil alarm.This test will require running 50:1 premix and disconnect or crimp the oil line to vro and wait for alarm to sound.It is advisable to then reprime the oil line and continue running premix until oil usage can be established from reservoir.

fish6996

Recruit
Re: VRO test if working

Thanks for the info and the link to the VRO system info...very informative.<br /><br />DAN FROM DERRY