2000 90 HP Fuel/OIL Ratio.. Water Leak?

dain

Recruit
New to this Forum but have two basic general questions as I'm a novice. I have a 2000 90HP Johnson and the Oil Injection System is no longer working right and was curious if the fuel to oil ratio is 50:1. Also 2nd question I have noticed when hooked up to the hose I have water leaking out of the seal where the lower unit connects to the lower mid section. The leak is small and seems to along the right side edge. Thanks to anyone that takes the time to help me out...

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2000 90 HP Fuel/OIL Ratio.. Water Leak?

There is no seal between the lower unit and the mid section. The hose is simply supplying more water than the water pump can pump so it runs out.<br /><br />That is a fairly new motor, I would get that oil system fixed if it were mine, rather than go to pre-mix. You will probably loose value if you alter it. <br /><br />Good luck

dain

Recruit
Re: 2000 90 HP Fuel/OIL Ratio.. Water Leak?

Ezeke: Thanks for the reply... I do plan to get the oil system fixed but I'm caught in a catch 20 or 22 either or, boat is tied up out in the water now and just need to mix to get her back onland so I can get someone to check her out.