Power Trim on 1971 Rude 125

kacksterk5

Recruit
So the motor has power tilt. Does anyone have a diagram of how this works. My service manual doesn't show it. How can I get power trim on this motor. Was mainly wondering why there are 2 hoses going to the top of the hydro cylinders and only 1 going to the bottom. Can I flip them and get enough pressure for trim??? I know about hydraulics but not much about boat hydraulics?? Any help appreciated. Thanks

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Power Trim on 1971 Rude 125

The original power tilt/trim units for this year had two pistons that mounted external to the two transom brackets and a large plate that mounted horizonally between the pistons. Not the clean versions of today, but they work fine. You see these advertised occasionally on ebay. Be sure you get the relay box with the trim unit.

papasage

Senior Chief Petty Officer

looked in a 1972 factory shop manul on a 125 hp. didnt show a T&T i use na C M C T&T on my 55 hp. it works fine for me

kacksterk5

Recruit

Cool thanks for the help. Is the pump strong enought to power two rams from an I/O setup. I can machine the mounts to bolt through the planing plate on the motor and push off my newly rebuilt transom. How much travel does one of these rams have and will it hold my old Rude in position. I'm sure it will suffice with the power tilt only but I'm greedy and want more speed. Is it worth a trim setup or would one of those 50$ planing fins do the same thing?