need help with sunbird total noobie here

redgeeteeeye

Recruit
hi im posting for my cousin who doesnt have a computer but he just got a 89 sunbird (well thats what it says on the back of it at least) suposidly all it needs is a starter and starter wire due because it melted..only problem is neither myself or my cousin know anything about boats but we do know how to work on a motor.it says 5.0 ho 2v on the boat also is this a ford motor??i mean how much dif is the motor from a car motor?? oh yeah can somebody tell me about this boat if i got the name right lol that is,just trin to get some backround info as this is a foriegn sport to me.thank you

theath

Recruit
Re: need help with sunbird total noobie here

Sunbirds were built in Columbia, South Carolina. They were good boats but the early ones had problems. They were an entry level boat like Bayliner but built better. They are no longer in business. 1997 I think was the last year. Most came with OMC/Volvo power. That's all I know.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: need help with sunbird total noobie here

Try posting this in the "Mercruiser, Volvo and OMC I/O or Inboard Engine Problems" forum. The forum you posted this in specifically says "Boat Topics and Questions (NOT ENGINE TOPICS)." I am sure you will get better answers in the correct forum.