Old Evinrude

TomHaas

Recruit
I recently came into possession of an old evinrude outboard motor. I am trying to determine it's age, horsepower and possible value for collector. Motor does turn over but I have not tested it any further than that. Motor is Speeditwin - serial number 6039-20898. Anyone with info or suggestions where I might be able to gain this info would be greatly appreciated.<br />Thanks,<br />T Haas

mikeyzx2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Old Evinrude

EDIT: DOH!!! ya beat me to it ricky!!! :) <br /><br />If the 6039 is the model number, then you're looking at anywhere from 1939-1950 22.5HP motor. <br /><br />Me, well I think people overvalue the motors, since MILLIONS were built. The term "rare" is overused, unless your talking about the old racing motors, or the motor is of a very early vintage. I believe most the value is sentimental, as say you and your granddaddy or dad used the motor when you were younger and it's still in the family. <br /><br />Go the the FAQ's on the main Repair menu, and read up on the topic "Awakening a sleeping outboard".....good advice<br /><br />Welcome aboard!<br /><br />Mike

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Old Evinrude

check out the inflation even back then.. it was $350 in 48 $395 in 49.