year and horsepower

timoncaro

Recruit
i have an engine evinrude starflite 3 ,the serail number on the engine is 50931 05264.<br />Could somebody help me to know the year of that engine?<br />And the horsepower in same time .<br /><br />Thank you .<br /><br />Timoncaro.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: year and horsepower

Welcome and it Looks like: 50931 75HP 1962

timoncaro

Recruit

thank you fot the info.<br />I'm searching a repair manual for my engine ,an eveinrude satarlite 3 1962 75hp,because i need to do a tune-up on it ,and changing some seals.<br />So,the infos i need is the spark plug,oil quantity for the lower unit and specifications in general.<br /><br />Timoncaro.

Paul Moir

Admiral

The original oil spec is 24:1. If you want to go outside the spec, check out the oil mix FAQ in the FAQ forum. Use 87 octane unleaded gas and TC-W3 outboard oil.<br />Spark plugs are Champion J4C gapped at 0.030". They replace the old J4J.<br />Lower unit oil capacity is 17.4oz (515ml). Since your '62 ought to be electric shift, use OMC/BRP "Premium Blend" lower unit oil *only*. It's very different from regular gearcase lube which will quickly destroy the l/u spring clutches. Don't use the Canadian Tire stuff, even though they say it's good for electric shift outboards.<br /><br />For a few more specifications, click here:<br />(hint: the Johnson catalog is much easier to read.)<br /> http://www.old-omc.de/1962.php <br /><br />The factory manual is available in reprints from kencook.com, maxrules.com, marineengine.com, theoutboardwizard.bizhosting.com. The factory manual is far superior to any of the aftermarket ones. They sell for around $30 USD each, so it's really not any more expensive then the other manuals.<br />Sometimes they pop up used on ebay for $5-$20USD. But I don't see any right now. Use the following search terms:<br />(75, 75hp) (evinrude, johnson, omc) manual 1962<br /><br />Hope that helps!