Trolling plate on 90hp ????

MuskyHunterDave

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am wondering if it is possible to use a trolling plate on this 90 92' E90TLEND, or will it not be worth the install? <br />WOuld it constantly foul the plugs ??<br /><br />Is it pheasable ??

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trolling plate on 90hp ????

I would opt for a small kicker motor(4HP-6HP), instead of using the 90. Better control, fuel efficient and will save your main motor from loading up over time. This of course, depends on your intended use..

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm not sure they make them strong enough for a 90hp. At a fishing resort where I used to work we used them on 25 hp's but some times they got broken, especially when the user forgot to release it before accelerating. They decrease fuel efficiency and speed. I agree with Rick, if you can, go for a kicker. It'll also give something to get home on if your 90 fails.

MuskyHunterDave

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well that is what I was thinking, and dammit I just sold my remote troll unit last october :-(<br /><br />Hey Rick . . . just to let you know, you helped a lot with the setup of my new motor, 1992 E90TLEND and I took it out for the first run yesterday on Cour'Delane Lake in North Idaho, ran it for about 20 - 30 miles, and it all ran great !!!!<br /><br />Couldn't have done it without yours & IBOATS Help

MuskyHunterDave

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the input Mike, and I agree the kicker is the way to go. I use to run twin 40's on the boat, so I always had a backup, but without a kicker it would leave the bow mount as a tow unit in the event of main motor failure . . . .<br /><br />Need to get a kicker :)