88spl going good.

heycods

Captain
after all yalls help a few mos. back I finaly got around to fixing the chargeing system on my 89 mod 88spl. every thing checked out so I started looking at the wireing. What a mess from the factory had a couple of dozen of thoes little crappy blue conectors you know the ones where you put one wire in the slot and slide the other up beside it and mash a little wedge in with pliars annd then fold overthe lid. I replaced them with crimp ons then the wire feeding offf the control lever that goes to aux. circuts going to the tach was eat into by rats. after fixing these things all the dash lights, tach and alt work fine. I would ssay that thunderbolt boats in cleburn tx makes agood boat but they sure need some lessons on wireing.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 88spl going good.

Most likely the blue connectors were put on by someone other than factory personnel heycods.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, and if I ever find that guy I'm going to shoot him. I can't believe how many boats he's worked on.......

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

Yah, and apparrently he has repair franchises all the way across country to way up here in the Pacific Northwest. :eek: :mad:

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

He work's on anything electrical. Worked on the house I bought too! Who is that guy?

heycods

Captain

It was factory work, you could tell by the way it was laid out.