Mystery rubber tube on tell tale

Salty Sal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
While placing the cowl on my engine, I noticed an open ended rubber tube (approx18-24) was dangling from a black tee that is the tell tale. The tee also has another rubber tube that leads to the engine and is completely intact. I can’t seem to locate where on the engine this open ended tube connects to. This engine is 1985 140 Evinrude vro which is NOT the original block. It is a remanufactured powerhead that I purchased 2 seasons ago. Could it be that my original engine was configured differently. Had the engine VRO system updated.<br />Thanks for your help.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mystery rubber tube on tell tale

Does your motor still have the water control valve? Its a round piece that has 3 hoses connected to it and is connected to the throttle arm. Its mounted almost behind and aft of the throttle arm.

Salty Sal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Dhadley<br />I really don't know. Now If I am facing the carbs, that would<br />be to your left- correct?<br />Thanks for getting back to me.

Salty Sal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi Dhadley<br />I really don't know. Now If I am facing the carbs, that would<br />be to your left- correct?<br />Thanks for getting back to me.