60 hp Johnson Identification

mildot1

Cadet
Hi, I hope someone has some info!!<br /><br /> I just purchased a 60hp johnson,ser #J546718, Mod #J60ELC1A, I was told it was a 1982 model. Is this correct?? I would also like to convert from remote to tiller steer, does anyone have any info on the parts I would need or where to find a schematic??<br /> I also would like to know what the best prop for this motor on a 16' alumacraft tunnel hull would be, I will be running this boat with a 5 1/2" set back jack plate. I would rate the load as med(2 hunter's,dog and decoys.<br /> I have an older 30hp on it now and it will just get up on plane, so am adding more power.<br /><br />I appreciate any help you guy's can give!<br />Thanks<br />Brad

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: 60 hp Johnson Identification

J = Johnson<br />60 = hp<br />E = Electric start<br />L = 20" leg<br />CI (not C1) = 1981, same year Kenny Rogers released 'Lady'.<br />A = model run (factory thing)<br /><br />And welcome to iboats!!!

Hey mildot - how's the duck hunting been in your part of the wooods so far? Here in Texas we are slaying them every time we go out.

mildot1

Cadet

Hunted the wabash river last weekend, lot of geese but few ducks. There were a lot of ducks on the lake here but the only open water was inacessible by boat.My buddies walked in to thier permanent blind and limited out in less than 2 hours, had to break ice with rowboat and hammer to retrieve them.<br />Saw the mallards coming in sunday afternoon standing in the driveway(just my luck), Hopefully there will be enuff open water to get the boat in this weekend!