Adding Fuel Stabilizer to 1989 Evinrude Outboard

B.autry4711A

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Good day to everyone,<br /><br />I have a quick question. I put my boat away for the winter inside my garage. My 11 gallon tank is full of fuel and I put Penzoil Marine Fuel Conditioner and Stabilizer in it a few months ago, however, recently I pulled my boat out of the garage and added regular fuel stabilizer in the tank and ran the motor on the water muffs for about 15 minutes. Will this hurt the motor, it seemed like it ran fine though while it was running?

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Adding Fuel Stabilizer to 1989 Evinrude Outboard

I wouldn't think so.....unless the different stabilizers had some wierd reaction with each other (can't really see that happening though). The stabilizer should keep your carbs from getting gummed up over the winter.<br /><br />Don't forget to fog the motor and change the lower unit lube.<br /><br />Cheers.

B.autry4711A

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks,<br /><br />I did fog the motor and the lower leg lube was changed in the process also just forgot to mention it. If anybody else thinks the same I want worry about it.

Perfidiajoe

Petty Officer 1st Class

You should be good to go, I don't see a problem with anything you did. Good Luck, Joe

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Won't hurt a thing, but in the spring, mix some new fresh gas with the old heavy mix of extra stabilizer.