Sea Ray or Chapparal??

ryanburkhart

Cadet
Ok we have narrowed it down.... <br />New 2005 Chap. $25,000 190 ssi fully loaded or a <br />New 2005 Sea Ray $19,995 185 sport. I know there is a 225 in the chap and a 190 in the sea ray. What does everyone think? Keep looking or are these good deals??????? Thank You :) Hopefully we will be on the lake soon!

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Sea Ray or Chapparal??

I would say the Sea Ray is the better price in this case. But both will be limited to 4 adults and a small child or two.<br /><br />Kelly Cook

05GlastronSX

Chief Petty Officer

i think that you should get the chaparral. the quality in those boats is very high and they did win the jd power award for best small runabout. the price seems decent as well.

Sea Mitch

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Everytime I hear the name Chapparel I think of this thread.<br /><br />leaning boat <br /><br />It's been some time, but it still leaves a sour taste

Ralph 123

Captain

You beat me to it First Boat! I think about that post every now and then.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

That thread is a horror story. But it doesn't mean that Sea Ray has never had any horror stories of their own. I would not let a single story sway a boat choice. Everybody has different favorites. I just think the Sea Ray price is the better deal in this particular case.<br /><br />Kelly

andymach23

Petty Officer 2nd Class

First Boat<br /><br />Thanks for posting that link. Incredible! What a pathetic state of affairs.

Ralph 123

Captain

It's not the fact that is was a bad boat Kelly, it was the fact that the dealer and Chap did nothing to resolve it w/o legal action being taken. That's the horror.

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Maybe she's not Mrs Suds anym more?<br /><br />Maybe she's a happy Chappy owner, posting here under a different name?<br /><br />Maybe she's listening!!

DAG

Cadet

I think the one problem has been overstated with the Chap.<br />As an owner of a Chap 183 (now a 190) I can tell you I have had no problems. We love the boat and are fortunate in the Sacramento area to have a quality dealer as well.<br />Here’s what I did. Go to other dealers and look around. When you mention your looking at a Chaparral, see the reaction of the other dealer. At the spring boat show, every time a dealer talked to me about their boat and my interest. I mentioned I had a Chap and nothing but good things came out of their mouth.<br />Sea Ray’s are in the same category, both great boats.