Ok I get it

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I have fineally reched the point.<br />For years I have been running old boats and motors<br />BUt I have a problem I would only fix theam half a@#ed and was always suprsed that they worked :eek: <br />But yestersdays trip convined me I have to do the proper repairs and and use the right parts.<br />my engine decided that it would't shift into foward<br />juat as I was trind to dock :mad: <br />and then when I tred to start the spare the rope broke and it started leeking gas. :rolleyes: <br />so I have decided to take a few mounths off from baoting and repair all my engines and do it right. :cool: <br />I get now with boats if you can get the right parts now then you wait and do it right.<br />I will be calling on you guys for help doing this :confused: <br />I want to thank you for the help you have givin me thanks.<br />sorry for the rant I just had to tell some one.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ok I get it

Step #1 in your repair process should be to obtain service manuals for your engines. It is money well spent, especially if want to do repairs yourself. It saves much time and frustration. If you still need help -- give us a shout.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

good for you. <br /><br />I've been boating all my life with my dad and have never been afraid of being on the water. That said it only takes one time where the engine won't start, it's 11:30pm, there's a 3 foot chop that's building higher, and you're in an open bow 19 footer 5 miles from shore to learn you a great deal of respect for the fact that you're out in a boat.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Some learn sooner, some learn later.<br /><br />The "later" lessons seem to stick better.<br /><br />Looking forward to helping out and reports of success, What66.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Moody Blue

Captain

Sounds like a good decision. Does the expression "an accident waiting to happen" come to mind ? Good luck with those repairs :)