pumping out waste tank - Bayliner 2755 Sunbridge

Ron Everson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Since the owner of the boat that I'm looking at is out of town and the monster boat is sitting in my driveway waiting for a test drive, I'm wondering how to empty the waste tank if I use a trailer dump. McPhee Reservoir has no pump-out facilities, only a trailer dump. Do you have to use a hand-pump of some sort or do boat waste systems have the ability to pump out the waste tank? It looks like the waste tank has an electic pump on top of it, but I'm assuming that's to get the waste to the tank. I also saw a valve where the toilet could draw water from the lake, but I suspect that system would not empty the tank, only dump the toilet into the lake, which is a big no-no. Any help you can give me about how these systems work would be appreciated.

travism

Seaman
Re: pumping out waste tank - Bayliner 2755 Sunbridge

I would say that the pump on top of the tank is a macerator pump that is used to pump from the tank overboard. Follow the pipes coming into/out of the pump. One pipe probably leads to the tank, one leads to a seacock where the waste would go overboard. Make sure that seacock is open (parallel with the pipe) before running the pump.<br /><br />The switch(es) for the pump on my Bayliner 2455 are at the helm near the floor. To get it into a trailer dump, you'll have to rig up a hose from the discharge point out of the boat to the dump station.<br /><br />Hope this helps.