Got a boat!!!!!!!

glen f

Seaman
Wanted to thank everyone for all the invaluble help! I purchased a 1970 Lonestar aluminum hull with a 70hp Johnson ob. The motor is a refurbished complete unit purchased in fall of 03. Also the tilt trailer was stripped and painted then and bearings replaced. The floors, carpet, bimini and seats were replaced then too. It came with 2 electric downriggers and 2 small down riggers, 2 omc fuel tanks, a new battery, tackle box with in the packing rapala lures, new marine radio, new depth finder, live well and a fitted cover. The boat sat after the break in outing in 04 due to owner illness. He passed this winter so I bought the boat the from his wife. Very sad but Ill make them proud of how Ill take care of it. I paid the full 2800 she asked cuz in this area its proved to be a hell of a deal and I LOVE THIS BOAT. I call it my ship instead of my boat. The maiden voyage was awesome and it couldnt have ran better! purred better than my 94 fuel injected Yamaha 15hp. I couldnt describe the feeling cruising the lake today. Thanks again all for your halp and talking me into being patient. Lake Superior here I come, look out lake trout.

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Got a boat!!!!!!!

Quality remains long after the price is forgotten!<br /><br />Nothing beats the boating feeling, huh?<br /><br />Sounds like you're a disciple, Glen!

CATransplant

Admiral

Glen,<br /><br />Good deal! We've been watching you do your boat hunting. I'm glad you found a nice one and that it tests out fine on the water.<br /><br />Now...go boating, but don't forget to come back to iboats.com with your questions and comments.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

All RIGHT . Now you will be boating instead of rebiulding a boat motor and trailer.<br /><br />Now you be carefull if you go out on that big lake.<br /><br />Happy boating.

glen f

Seaman

Thanks guys! Hooking up my yamaha 15 for a kicker. Hooking up my radio this week. Going to look for a boating safety class before I hit Superior, its been years. Bought a tube today. Got a million things I want to get done yesterday! This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I really love working with boats so much that Im thinking about a possible career change.