Where to get powerhead gasket??

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
I need just the powerhead mounting gasket, not the entire powerhead gasket kit. I don't see it in the Mega Mall. Where can I order just the powerhead mounting gasket?<br /><br />(Johnson/Evinrude 1993 40hp).<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />Mark

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Where to get powerhead gasket??

Any dealer has them. Probably in stock, very common gasket. Is this for the rebuilt powerhead?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hi D!<br /><br />Yes, its for the rebuild. Came back yesterday and I opened the crate today and to find there is no gasket. I thought it was supposed to come with one. <br /><br />I'll call the rebuilder tomorrow and see what's the story. <br /><br />BTW, manual calls for Molly lube on the drive shaft splines. Can I use Tripple Guard or is this one of those things where Molly is the only way to go?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Mark.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> Can I use Tripple Guard or is this one of those things where Molly is the only way to go?<br />
Amsoil? Oops, forget I said that.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Tripple Guard is OK. Yes, a gasket should have come with it. Even if they did cut you a deal it is a standard thing.

DHPMARINE

Captain

Moly Lube is good.Merc's spline grease may be better (more recent) ,but Triple Guard works for me,and has for 20 + years.<br /><br />DHP

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Called Blackbird this morning and told them I was missing the gasket. They said that was a mistake and they will put one in the mail today.<br /><br />I like it when things work out right. :)