1993 - alarm, not like any described

Mudjive

Cadet
I have recently had some motor trouble - the alarm is sounding at a long beep with a short pause then a long beep. If I increase speed the beed speeds up? I have looked up the alarms and none of them match what I am having?<br /><br />I have changed out the oil [2 stroke] and the spark plugs, fuel filter. The water thing squirts water but I am told that is only 10% of what is being used by the motor. <br /><br />Yesterday I landed it and ran it for about 5 minutes before it started beeping - a guy at Crystal told me to touch the motor and if it REALLY hot then he suspects the water pump.<br /><br />My question - I am going to bring it in and see if they can verify what the problem is, I know there is a VRO issue with this motor and cant verify the last time the water pump was changed but all the knowlegde I can get the better.<br /><br />The motor seems to run fine and starts fine...<br /><br />any thoughts? :confused:

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1993 - alarm, not like any described

It would help if we knew what motor we're talking about....<br /><br />Also what do you mean when you say you changed out the oil? In the oil tank? What plugs are you using?<br /><br />I dont think its a VRO problem. 1993's didnt have a VRO. They had oil injection but not VRO.

Mudjive

Cadet
Re: 1993 - alarm, not like any described

sorry about that - it is a 1993 Johnson 60HP TJ60TLETD<br /><br />I am using champion QL78YC plugs<br /><br />The thing about this motor is that it had a major problem back in 1999 and was rebuilt [the tag says 99...] it was my Dads boat. Not sure if that has any bearing but some info.<br /><br />The boat has ran great since that overhaul and I want to avoid another one.